Ground Systems Engineer
Utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end Satellite ground systems. Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for ground networks and End-to-End ground systems to Support Mission Operations, RFP / Proposals, post win ground operation development, existing ground systems and upgrades - technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
He or she may be responsible for developing and configuring ground software operation baselines – to include scripts, mission templates, command / telemetry database baselines, and developing Space-Ground ICDs. In addition, responsibilities may include coordinating and conducting PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT ground segment support activities.
Product Deliveries include: Space-Ground ICD, Command and Telemetry Databases,
Emulator/Flastsat/Simulator baseline control.
• Designing, developing, building, and operating satellite control centers
• Experience in managing and providing technical oversight of a major sub-contractor providing Mission Operations.
• Familiarity / experience with MMSOC and EGS compliant Satellite ground systems
• Ground support equipment – FEP’s, Crypto hardware, Modems, routers, firewalls, Servers / workstations, Linux, MS
• Connections to external customers, entities, and RF terminals
• Developing program specific ground ICDs per program
• Developing ground architecture based on program requirements
• Hold weekly / regular meetings with ground stakeholders
• Coordinate end-to-end testing with vehicles during the I&T phase
• Ground segment requirements management and development
• Ground software design and configuration for Telemetry Tracking - Command & Control and Mission Planning
• Ground terminal design.
• Space Vehicle to Ground and Ground to Space communication design, implementation & testing.
• Ground to Ground network communications design, implementation & testing
• Ability to support / lead Ground Segment proposal sections
Sr. Principal Systems Engineer 4 - Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 9+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and 7+ years of experience.
• Must be a US Citizen with an active or current Top Secret/SSBI and have the ability to obtain SCI level access.
• Experience with Ground Based Systems (space or satellite knowledge highly preferred)
• Experience developing architecture based on program requirements
• Knowledge of networking software and hardware systems
• Familiarity with Air Force ground control centers
• Certifications: CompTIA Security + or equivalent
• DoD Security Experience:
o Cybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec – 5205.02
o Risk Management Framework – 8510.01