Our client is looking for an experienced Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join the Ground System team to work with DOD Customers to understand and to define ground interface, security and infrastructure requirements for MMSOC/EGS/Enterprise Ground Solutions, and to define, to adapt, and to deploy ground software and communication systems required to operate satellite missions (pre-launch, post-launch). The Ground Systems team utilizes sound engineering practices in order to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end satellite ground systems. It manages the requirements, design, and implementation for ground networks and end-to-end ground systems to support Mission Operations, RFP / Proposals, post-win ground operation development, existing ground systems and upgrades to include technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability. Ground System engineers are responsible for developing and configuring ground software operation baselines to include scripts, mission templates, command / telemetry database baselines, and developing Space-Ground ICDs. They coordinate and conduct PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT ground segment support activities.
Product Deliveries include: Space-Ground ICD, Command and Telemetry Databases, Emulator/Flastsat/Simulator baseline control.
Specific experience and responsibilities shall include:
• Designing, developing, building, and operating satellite control centers
• Familiarity / experience with MMSOC and EGS compliant satellite ground systems
• Ground support equipment FEPs, crypto hardware, modems, routers, firewalls, servers / workstations, Linux, MS.
• Connections to external customers, entities, and RF terminals
• Developing program specific ground ICDs per program
• Developing ground architecture based on program requirements
• Hold weekly / regular meetings with ground stakeholders
• Coordinate end-to-end testing with vehicles during the I&T phase
• Ground segment requirements management and development
• Ground software design and configuration for Telemetry Tracking - Command & Control and Mission Planning
• Ground terminal design.
• Space Vehicle to Ground and Ground to Space communication design, implementation & testing.
• Ground to Ground network communications design, implementation & testing
• Ability to support / lead Ground Segment proposal sections
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.