Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for ground networks and End-to-End ground systems to
Support Mission Operations, RFP / Proposals, Post wins, existing ground systems and upgrades - Technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
This position oversees ground software development for an on-orbit satellite program. Candidate should, at a minimum, have familiarity with Command and Control and Mission Planning software along with some project management. The candidate should have developed ground software or managed its development. Additionally, the candidate needs to demonstrate systems engineering principles in the form of requirements development and requirements management. Ideally, the candidate is also familiar with ground hardware systems at some level. The candidate needs to have a Top Secret / SCI level of clearance and experience with Government satellite programs.
Specific position functions include:
- Ground segment end-to-end architecture design.
- Ground segment requirements management and development.
- Ground software design and configuration for Telemetry Tracking - Command & Control - and Mission Planning.
- Ground terminal design.
- Space Vehicle to Ground and Ground to Space communication design, implementation & testing.
- Ground to Ground network communications design, implementation & testing.
- Ability to support / lead Ground Segment proposal sections.
- Ground mission Operations experience.