GNC Flight Software Engineer
San Clemente, CA 92673
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with peers to establish requirement for flight software
- Work with peers to define software and system architecture
- Source, select and analyze flight sensors
- Design and implement flight control algorithms
- Develop flight simulation programs
- Design and implement simple and reliable flight software
- Write Comprehensive unit tests
- Test software in simulation, hardware-in-loop and flight
- Support all levels of requirements development, management, and verification
- Develop and maintain system and subsystem specifications, use cases, diagrams, ICDs, operational flow diagrams, and integration development
- Conduct and lead team through documenting trade studies
- Work on the board support package, drivers, and/or sensors/servo/motor interfacing, control, and logic for the vehicle’s avionics platform.
- Assist our Electrical Engineering team with component selection, bring-up and troubleshooting of custom hardware designs.
- Participate in the team’s software processes including requirement and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, process feedback and improvements.
- Attend strategic conferences
- Responsible for on-time, on-quality delivery of personal work
- BS or MS in aerospace engineering, computer science, robotics or equivalent field.
- 5+ years’ experience developing C++ for embedded, high performance and other critical application
- Experience working in DO-178 environment
- Previous experience shipping a product
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operation systems and networking
- Ability to work in self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Controls, Signal Processing, Safety Critical Software and/or Simulation