Flight Controls Engineer
Mojave, CA | Direct
- Develop Flight Control Laws and control algorithms to meet vehicle performance, flying qualities, and stability margins on ground and in flight.
- Support definition of Flight Control System specifications and requirements and Flight Control Law requirements for handling qualities, sensors, actuators, and controllers.
- Design, develop, and test autopilot and associated logic functions.
- Develop modeling and simulation of dynamic systems
- Develop six-degree-of-freedom (6DoF) digital simulation models and computer code.
- Conduct engineering analysis, studies, and performance assessments.
- Integrate models into software and hardware-in-the-loop simulation environments.
- Verify and validate Flight Control Systems through testing in desktop simulation environment, systems integration labs, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification activities.
- Perform hardware / software integration and testing on flight simulator devices, including pilot in the loop testing.
- Support analysis of system architecture, redundancy management, electronic hardware design and integration, and actuator design and integration.
- Support development of Operational Flight Program software.
- Work closely with engineers of varying disciplines and aircraft Subject Matter Experts to meet flight simulator regulatory and customer training requirements
- Participate in engineering design reviews.
- Keep current on future technologies and products
- Analyze air vehicle flight test data and support flight test activities
8 years’ or more experience in flight control law development for aerospace vehicles.
Knowledge of aircraft and aerospace systems with emphasis on flight dynamics, propulsion and ground reaction forces.
Knowledge of reversible and irreversible flight control systems.
Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-1797, MIL-F-8785C; MIL-F-9490D; DO-178B
Experience with planning and conducting flight tests, and post test data evaluation.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent Organizational Skills and problem-solving skills
Strong team player
Excellent computer skills, including word, excel and powerpoint
Proficiency with Simulink, C/C++, Linux / Unix, MATLAB, Fortran
Experience with the design of flight vehicles or vehicle systems to a set of requirements or standards such as CFR 14, Part 400, Part 23 and 25, military or NASA is highly desired
BS or MS degree from an accredited college in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering (or related field).