Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- Lead and develop programs to achieve zero harm to people, environment, and community through building a culture focused on sustaining controls and positive behaviors.
- Act as the primary contact with regulatory agencies, consultants, and third party auditors as needed to support the site.
- Develop and maintain safety and training programs and procedures in accordance with OSHA regulations. Implement, monitor, and maintain safety procedures and practices in coordination with Crane Composites guidelines.
- Oversee and assist in the prompt and thorough investigation of all safety or environmental related incidents and near misses.
- Identify hazards in the work environment and conduct risk assessments for the various job functions. Implement accident prevention programs in response to identified hazards and/or OSHA safety requirements. Maintain PPE compliance and related health programs and training.
- Coordinate all hazardous waste activities at the facility, including monitoring, record keeping and training.
- Manage all environmental related recordkeeping and administration. This includes compliance with all permits, operating conditions and regulatory standards.
- Provide support to other departments in the procurement and/or implementation of new equipment, processes, or materials according to Company guidelines for the safety of employees and protection of the environment.
- Take personal ownership of all plant environmental and safety related programs, including routine inspections, training, documentation, and reporting.
- Plan and conduct employee safety orientation and training programs.
- Fulfill the training requirements for plant personnel based on plant program and regulatory guidelines.
- Update or implement plant safety and environmental programs as needed to satisfy current and ongoing compliance legislation.