San Clemente, CA 92673
- Develop, execute and enforce integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures to meet company functional objectives.
- Create short, mid and long-term resource plan that is aligned with sales and marketing strategy as well as forecasted program needs
- Work with Sr. Director of Operations and Program Managers to determine engineering resource plan to support programs
- Establish and implement generic training (plan) for engineers. This includes Operating Procedures and company-wide practices
- Work closely with Senior Director of Operations and other functional managers to ensure, Operating Procedures, Process Specifications and Material Specifications are followed by engineers
- Sets and articulate performance goals and standards for engineers
- Evaluate performance against goals and provide feedback to the engineers (conduct reviews)
- Resolve issues and conflicts and support team morale
- Ensures that engineers are allocated and utilized effectively (right resource on right task) and efficiently (utilize to have minimal down time but with minimal multi-tasking of an individual)
- In conjunction with the Senior Director and Senior Engineers, Engineering Manager provides assistance to engineers to accomplish their tasks. (If a junior engineer is struggling with the task, provide guidance, or request other, appropriately skilled engineer to support).
- Set task goals for each project on at minimum, bi-weekly basis
- Ensure engineers" work standards and ethics are maintained
- Support Senior Management in reviewing and managing project schedule and cost
- Support Senior Management in reviewing and authorizing estimates and proposals
- Work with engineers and technicians and come up with optimal manufacturing approach for a product
- Approve Engineering Drawings, models and Task Orders as necessary
- Establish and execute capability enhancement and cross training plans
- Must have Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent people skills
- Team player that looks at the overall company strategic picture as well as handling tactical tasks to keep projects running.
- Adaptable to a complex and ever changing business environment.
- Will work closely in a collaborative environment with our engineers and technicians.
- Will be adaptable and flexible to continuously learning due to our dynamic working environment.
- Must have hands-on experience working on mechanical components either in professional or non-professional environment
- Must be fluent in MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Project (or equivalent Project Management tool)
- You will be expected to provide clear, concise direction and project guidance to employees in a positive collaborative manner.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of managing experience