Ontario, CA 91761
Our client is seeking an Engineering Manager. The qualified candidate will have the be willing to do the following:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Works safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction
- Defines plans, programs, monitors costs and technical performance for a major product development and/or core engineering project or multiple projects.
- Implements on-going project status reviews using project management tools and engineering systems
- Makes decisions on technical priorities or design alternatives for projects within the team’s scope.
- Acts as the primary technical contact on team or project performance and as an advisor to engineering or business unit leadership
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and assures customer needs are identified and addressed
- Implements and maintains consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation procedures
- Takes appropriate steps to protect and safeguard intellectual property
- Develops and analyzes the operating budget; projects and plans for future needs
- Compiles engineering cost data and identify opportunities for process improvements to reduce cost or improve engineering productivity
- Provides feedback to the team on performance to engineering cost targets
- Communicates and implements actions to ensure department values and policies are well understood and maintained (e.g. business ethics; integrity; inclusion)
- Works with business development and program management to identify new business opportunities, present product capabilities, and clarify customers’ technical requirements
- Identifies and creates technical training and development plans. Mentor or serve as a resource to share specialized knowledge with others. Maintain leadership and technical capabilities through continued education or training.
Work independently & act decisively
Ability to work permanently in the United States is required.