Mojave, CA 93501
- Working across Clientsprograms, including the new vehicle (Xogdor) build, MOWs program, technology development and testing programs, and VTVL terrestrial testbed flights
- Coordinating with leadership team on staffing allocation and resources
- Being a technical contributor to challenging engineering problems
- Providing engineering expertise and leadership
- Providing mentorship and guidance to the technical team
- Coordinate resources across the technical team to ensure projects meet internal and external deadlines as well as stay on budget
- Perform one-on-one meetings with direct reports
- Assist with management of schedule, projects, and resources using Smartsheets
- Work closely with the CTO, Chief Engineer, and second Engineering Manager to meet program goals
- Assist with and contribute to project planning, proposals, and scoping business opportunities
- Must be able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic highly technical environment
- Will have a large impact on many programs, especially the lunar mission
- Experience leading a technical team in aerospace, ideally spacecraft but not required.
- Innovative and open to helping create a Cislunar economy - passionate about space
- Understands what is needed for high-quality spaceflight systems - and also what is not needed.
- Experience with the complete lifecycle of spacecraft development: design, build, test, and fly.
- 15+ years experience in aerospace engineering
- Experience with startups or new space companies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong work ethic and intrinsic motivation