Fullerton, CA 92835
- Maintain overall technical ownership/authority and lead the team engaged in the design and development of company products in accordance with customer requirements, specifications, and company policies.
- Facilitate the communication and interaction among the team members and those outside the team by advocating and fostering cross-functional teamwork using team-based management and leadership concepts, such as open communication, concurrent engineering, and continuous improvement.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and manage activities, and provide technical guidance to the team in the design and development of new products or the improvement of legacy products. This includes various engineering development activities to ensure that the goals, objectives, and deliverables of each program/project are accomplished.
- Participate in activities to enhance the engineering department efficiency and productivity with a focus on improving product development speed and overall time to market. This may include conducting technical studies to develop improved and state-of-the-art engineering techniques, processes, policies, and standards in areas such as the design process, documentation, testing, fabrication methodology, and transfer to production.
- Responsible for supporting the sale and marketing of company products by analyzing customer requirements, providing special technical analyses, and resolving special customer problems and requirements. In addition, work closely with the product team, Sales and Marketing, and customers to develop innovative, cost effective, producible product design solutions.
- Participate in activities to enhance company productivity and improve overall company performance with a focus on improving speed and overall time to market. Participate in budget definition at the department level and for specific programs.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic design meetings in accordance with the contract and/or other program or company requirements.
- Determine the direction of highly complex design solutions and make decisions on standard and complex design approaches.
- Review, analyze, and interpret the technical and administrative requirements contained in requests for proposal (RFP), requests for quotation (RFQ), requests for information (RFI), etc., to prepare material used in the preparation of formal responses.
- Write, edit, and review technical proposals in response to a RFP, RFQ and RFI. Identify program tasks and prepare associated cost estimates.
- Build and lead a dynamic team, and set the pace and example as the leader. Provide employee coaching, mentoring, and training and development to further build and strengthen the culture of the team.
- Conduct performance appraisals, and provide recommendations on personnel placement, discipline, and wage increases.
- Support the development of long and short-term goals and objectives within the engineering department and ensure they are aligned with the overall company goals and objectives.
- Identify new and/or opportunistic applications and ideas in addition to cultivating relationships with current and target customers. Create innovative and proprietary technology and product platforms using focused resources and cross-functional teamwork.
For more details contact Kristan @ 714-901-3844 or [email protected]