Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Set up, adjust, and calibrate standard test apparatus or device test equipment to conduct, functional, operational, and environmental and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype and/or production model satellites per the applicable test procedure.
- Perform S/C performance testing of communications, telemetry and command, thermal, power, propulsion and attitude/control subsystems per the applicable procedure. Applies power and configures the spacecraft per the applicable test procedure.
- Understand the operation of various types of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and Digital Volt Meters.
- Operate spacecraft test consoles such as the Payload and Electrical test Racks per applicable test procedures. Familiar with windows style PC operating systems.
- Determine methods & sequences of operations to test components and systems in conformance with published procedures, engineering specs.
- Analyze and interpret electrical test data. Provide diagnostic malfunctions and offer test result feedback to Vehicle and System Engineers.
- Must have a strong background in electronics, adhering to procedures and attention to detail *Must adhere to SS/L procedures while focusing on attention to detail.
- Must read, understand, and follow SS/L Quality policies and ISO 9000 directives.
- Write technical reports to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, and deviations from design specifications for engineers review and determination. Responsible for writing detailed pass down, TAR and NCR reports.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with other team members. Must have good teamwork skills.
- Willing and able to work off shifts as required; willing to work weekends and holidays
- Willing and able to travel to support launch base efforts and off-site environmental testing.