Engineer - Creo Design/Drafter
Goleta, CA 93116
• Create, prototype, design, and analyze structures and mechanisms for moving mechanical assemblies such as solar arrays, booms, and other support structures and mechanisms for satellite subsystems.
• Develop and refine components and subsystems utilizing design skills, hand calculations, and finite element analysis or other modeling tools as needed.
• Perform detailed 3D designs, generate CAD drawings and related documents, and support manufacturing and assembly of components.
• Document test plans and procedures requirements.
• Participate and present in internal and external (customer) design reviews.
• Strive for the highest possible structural performance that is also cost effective and assures complete reliability.
• Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, matrix organization, and customers.
• Manage and maintain a standard parts library.
• Create and review Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and drawings.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Astronautical, or Aerospace)
• 0 years of applicable experience in mechanical design and closed-form analysis with some understanding of finite element analysis software
• Strong communication skills, oral and written.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize job assignments in a fast-paced and gated-release engineering development environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Master's degree in applicable area.
• 1 or more years of direct Mechanical Engineering experience, preferably in the spacecraft or aerospace industry, with significant project ownership.
• Proficiency with mechanical computer aided design (CAD) software, preferably design and analysis experience with PTC Creo Parametric 2/3/4.
• Practical understanding of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009)
• Detailed mechanical design knowledge of structures, mechanisms, release and drive actuators, and material selection.
• Spacecraft/aerospace materials experience in metals, adhesives, thermoplastics, etc.
• Working knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes such as machining, finishing, and rapid prototyping.
• Demonstrable problem solving skills with hands-on project experience.
• Excellent technical communication skills and strong analytical skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to organize and prioritize job assignments and tasks.
• Ability to work independently as well as in an integrated team and adapt to change and dynamic requirements.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint…)
• ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.