Electromechanical Engineer EAGE
Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Primary focus in test cable design, integrated test setup drawings and documentation release.
- Supports principle engineers in cable design, test simulator design as well and documentation and drawing creation and release.
- Develops system test procedures, operation manuals and other documentation.
- Identifies technical problems and recommends solutions.
- Provides detailed reports and recommendations.
- Assists in the writing of subcontract deliverables documentation and the evaluation of internal/external vendors.
- Performs integral design and analysis in engineering specialty i.e., systems security, or modeling.
- Develops Concept, PDR and CDR packages and participates in Engineering Reviews. Provides technical inputs as assigned.
- Receives broad assignments with periodic supervision.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors such as cost, quality, reliability, manufacturability impact to schedule, and process improvement.
- May provide functional guidance to less experienced personnel.
- May lead problem solving teams.
- May assist in technical writing or review of proposals.
- May present technical data to customers and or management.
- Must have a high proficiency in CAD/3D software usage, technical writing skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor"s degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of mathematics, physics, and chemistry as they relate to mechanical and electrical systems.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design tools CREO/PRO E or equivalent software suites.
- Proficient with basic electronic measurement tools including power supplies, oscilloscopes, DVM"s and signal generators.
- Proficient with Automated Test Equipment (ATE), programmable power supplies, ADC/DAC, Switching, DC and RF equipment.
- Schematic design, capture and PWB layout experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft OS based instrumentation controllers, their configuration and operation.
- Proficient with commonly used PC computer programs namely MS Office Suite. MS Project.
- Experience with Teamcenter is desirable.