Northbrook, IL 60062
The contract Engineer is a primary motivator and contributor to the analysis, conceptual design modification, modification, and testing of automated test system for products.
To achieve the position of contract Engineer, an individual will have a BS degree in Engineering with experience in building automated test systems for electromechanical, electro pneumatic servomechanisms and communication systems. In addition, he/she must have a proven record of successful development ATE working as individual or a part of the team. He/she must have a proven record of hands-on working with electrical circuits and wiring and should be able to build prototype boards, cables and harnesses.
2. Update existing Labview software for issues observed with existing products. Going through each communication command-response and adding missing parameters if any. (3 weeks)
3. Fix the issue of Excel specification spreadsheet from multiple users. Also bring the specification spreadsheet under engineering control environment in vault. ( few hrs)
4. Add drop-down customer list. Add feature to retrieve settings from customer specific EXCEL spreadsheets in vault and program the unit under test. (1 week)
5. Add new parameters to report. Most of them are already measured and needed to add to report. (few hrs)
6. Update existing Labview software to include newer products. Same communication protocol but extended command/responses. (8 weeks)
7. Convert existing Labview software for product to perform automatic Design validation test. More in detail then software generated after STEP 6 (4 weeks)
8. Convert existing Labview software for automatic board testing at board house. (6 weeks)
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
• Excellent organizational, project management, troubleshooting & technical problem solving skills
• Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing environment
• Able to travel to customer sites, as required, to support sales and account management efforts
• Strong computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office, Minitab and engineering software including but not limited to SPICE
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Effective communication skills with all levels of technical and operating personnel, both internal and external, via in person, phone and email
• Must be willing and able to exercise inventiveness and independent judgment
• Objects weighing up to 10 pounds are worked with, manipulated and lifted on a repeated basis.
• Objects with small / complex design are worked with, manipulated and lifted on a repeated basis.
• Electronics and or mechanical assembly medical device industry experience
• The ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of the specific systems used
• Familiar with and experience with EN60601-1 electrical safety requirements
• Ability to develop and implement new manufacturing methods and processes
• Able to succeed in highly regulated compliance oriented environment while still providing service excellence