Camarillo, CA 93012
- The ability to work independently with minimal direction is key. The Engineering Manager and other senior engineers are available in the overall team concept, but you need to able to pull your weight within a reasonable time.
- Creation of well written documents describing the products, test requirements, test results and supporting analysis is a must. Aerospace and military programs require a considerable amount of documentation verifying and validating performance with statistical, reliability and performance analysis is a core function.
- Active development of new products from concept to final design in a concurrent engineering environment. This includes the selection of materials, finishes, supplier identification, process investigation, creation of schedules, FMEA and reliability activities and supporting product reviews with quality and manufacturing team members.
- Quoting new products and supporting sustaining engineering activities by preparing preliminary or working layouts, estimate engineering time, completing dimensional studies, calculations and selection of materials.
- Test and evaluation of products including developing test and/or qualification test plans as required. Basic operation and configuration of test equipment will be required.
- Working with quality and manufacturing to disposition hardware or improve designs and processes.
- Assume responsibility for design conformance congruent with group standards, customer standards and group policies. This includes participating in the engineering change order, problem reporting and design development processes.
- Providing root cause investigation, failure analysis and solution identification for customer issues.
- Provide product support to the shop floor during the assembly of the new and existing designs and supporting engineering functions throughout the company as required.
- B.S. Degree in related electrical engineering field with a minimum of 7 or more years of product design engineering.
- Motor or controller design experience is preferred with a strong emphasis in actual product assembly/troubleshooting. Other electro-mechanical or power electronics experience in associated industries will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Working knowledge of setting up and running performance and qualification tests including EMI testing.
- Matlab or PSpice experience is a definite benefit. PCB Design software experience is a must.