Camarillo, CA 93012
- Applying sound engineering principles in performing product design/layout functions and provides related engineering services.
- Work involves the application of design engineering concepts and methods to the design of new, standard or modified components and products.
- Magnetic/electrical design of motor, including winding/connection schematics.
- May work alone or under the direction of the Director of Engineering, a senior engineer or team leader as part of a multifunctional design and development team.
- May serve as team leader on multi-discipline product development team
- Work with the project engineer or with engineering data to define and develop design concepts to meet customer requirements.
- Prepare preliminary or working layouts, estimate engineering time, complete dimensional studies and calculations.
- Analyze, interpret and apply military and commercial specifications for materials, finishes and processes.
- Assume responsibility for design conformance with Group standards, customer standards and Group policies.
- Review design problems with concerned departments; prepare and process engineering change orders as required.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and other outside representatives on matters relating to product design.
- Perform customer specification reviews and update the customer specification cross-reference database.
- Provide product support to the shop floor during the assembly of the new and existing designs.
- Keep current on new developments in the design-engineering field.
- Must have good oral, written communication and a high level of moral and ethical codes.
- B.S. Degree in related engineering field or A.S. Technical degree with a minimum of five or more years of product design engineering.
- Motor design experience is preferred with a strong emphasis in actual product assembly/troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of setting up and running motor performance tests.
- Matlab or PSpice experience is a definite benefit