Dulles, VA 20166
- Analyzing systems for compatibility by developing models based on EMI/EMC principles that address crosstalk, electric & magnetic radiation, shielding performance, RF link budgets and inrush current.
- Designing grounding systems, filters, harness shields, component layouts, input/output circuits and other aspects necessary to ensure compatibility.
- Proving compatibility by designing test procedures consistent with Military, NASA, and Commercial standards, and participating in the tests.
- Participating in the verification of requirements at the component, subsystem and system levels.
- Preparing and reviewing procedures, reports, technical analyses, and participating in failure reviews.
- Training and mentoring other junior EMI/EMC engineers.
- Current Top Secret Clerance with SCI (TS/SCI)
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field.
- 15+ years of iin EMI/EMC experience.
- Technical ability to perform EMI/EMC design and analysis.
- Expertise in MIL-STD 461, MIL-STD 464, NASA-GEVS-7000 and commercial requirements.
- Experience with lab test equipment including spectrum analyzers, generators, amplifiers, and antennas.
- Demonstrate ability to decompose system level EMI/EMC requirements into sub-assembly requirements.
- Able to develop, document, and maintain EMI/EMC requirements at sub-system level.
- Ability to perform risk assessment with respect to compliance with EMI/EMC requirements.
- Experience within the defense aerospace industry.
- Hardware design experience for EMI/EMC compliance.
- Design experience with EMI filters.
- Experience with lightning protection design.
- Experience with cable design.
- Experience with modeling and simulation using commercial software.
- Circuit analysis and troubleshooting.