EHS and Facilities Manager
Mojave, CA 93501
- Focus on the safety of the employees; personnel safety is number 1!
- Recognize requirements and ensure compliance to safety programs and standards including: hazard communication, slip/trip/falls, fall protection, confined space, hot work, respiratory protection, lockout/tag-out (LOTO), machine guarding, power & hand-held tools, electrical, emergency shower and eyewash, and chemical management
- Experience with use of and training for scaffolding, cranes, forklifts, boom & scissor lifts, lifting straps/slings, and fall protection equipment
- Conduct respiratory training and fit tests
- Identify workplace safety hazards and conditions for job-related tasks
- Create and maintain job hazard analyses and personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments
- Perform and document safety inspections
- Assist accident/mishap investigations
- Document and follow through with corrective actions for identified unsafe conditions
- Coordinate with Clients execution teams to understand the facility needs to support on-going and upcoming programs.
- Develop functional space layouts, showing location of furniture, equipment, doorways, electrical and telephone outlets, and other facilities.
- May review real estate contracts for compliance with government specifications and suitability for occupancy considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, and size.
- Manage facilities & maintenance team resources to support overall compliance and upkeep of facility, property and equipment.
- Support short term repairs and long term facilities maintenance strategy; ie: HVAC systems, lighting, roofing, drainage, water, gas, and electrical equipment often working in conjunction with contractors and 3rd parties.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar environment - Research & Development, Engineering, Fabrication, Testing, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred - ideally in Industrial, Manufacturing, or another technical field.
- Analyze, recommend, and solve problems; prepare and review departmental reports.
- The Certified Facility Manager? (CFM) and Facility Management Professional? (FMP) certifications are desired but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support of all critical activities and emergency situations.