SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for all production operations; including ceramic production, machining, mechanical and electrical assembly, testing, shipping & logistics activities on all shifts for 230K square foot manufacturing facility. Also oversees manufacturing engineering staff that supports production activities, capital implementation and productivity initiatives.
1. Manage day to day production operations to maintain the overall plant schedule, in a safe working environment and within budgeted guidelines.
2. Maintain world class OTD and quality performance to our customer base.
3. Direct reports for each of the area support functions: i.e., Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Facilities, Turbine Operations and Piston/Power Operations.
4. Administer all personnel policies within company guidelines and consistently with other departments.
5. Recommend and provide training to bring in new employees as well as develop existing employees as necessary.
6. Prepare operating and capital budgets in line with business needs and provide action plans to reduce overall costs.
a. Provide feedback to budgeted goals both to upper management and the rest of the organization.
b. Maintain communication and morale throughout the area.
c. Manage the capital plan with a focus on productivity projects to optimize the impact on such projects by getting them enacted as early as possible in the fiscal year.
7. Work closely with Product Engineering on release to production for new products.
8. Drive material productivity through the management of our supply chain; as well as management of our risk through LTA’s with our supply base. Optimize working capital through supplier VMI programs, extended payment terms and reduced lead times.
9. Manage workforce requirements, temporary labor, overtime and co-op programs to maximize the efficiency of the required labor.