Irvine, CA 92618
The objective of this position is to translate conceptual design information into two and three-dimensional CAD data that can be used to fabricate and set up custom exhibits for customer events. The secondary objective for this position is in the development of space plan layouts for the various shows and related AutoCAD block library maintenance.
This position requires a high level of self-sufficiency along with the ability to produce shop-ready drawings requiring only a cursory review by department head.
· Create construction drawings using AutoCAD software with minimal supervision.
· Create space plan layouts with a moderate amount of supervision.
· Creation, editing and maintenance of space plan block library.
· Submit drawings to the department head that are thorough, complete and require only a cursory review.
· Work with the project team to obtain information and resolve issues
· Set up and conduct progress and sign-off meetings
· Notify the supervisor regarding project details that are beyond the scope of their work, which need clarification/resolution at a higher level
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
·Minimum of three years of AutoCAD 3D. Currently on v 2018
·Good working knowledge of materials and availability
·Solid working knowledge of 2D and 3D AutoCAD.
·Understanding of how drawings interact with one another
·Ability to visualize in three dimensions
·Understanding of how things are built
·A high degree of self-motivation in order to work independently to obtain the necessary information to keep a project moving forward.