**Looking for Responsibilities:
• Support and occasionally lead development of non-flight hardware: Create, prototype, design, and analyze Ground Support Equipment (GSE) required for manufacturing and testing moving mechanical assemblies such as solar arrays, booms, and other support structures and mechanisms for satellite subsystems.
• Develop and refine components and non-flight subsystems utilizing design skills, hand calculations, and finite element analysis or other modeling tools as needed.
• Perform detailed 3D designs, generate CAD drawings and related documents, and support manufacturing and assembly of components.
• Document test plans and procedures requirements.
• Participate in internal and external (customer) design reviews as needed.
• Strive for the highest possible structural performance that is also cost effective and assures complete reliability.
• Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, matrix organization, and customers.\\
|Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field.
• Experience with mechanical computer aided design (CAD) software
• Strong communication skills, oral and written.
• Working knowledge Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point or Project)
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize job assignments in a fast-paced and gated-release engineering development environment.
• Candidate must be available to start immediately.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• 2 or more years of direct Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering experience, preferably in the spacecraft or aerospace industry.
• Proficiency with PTC Creo Parametric 2/3/4, preferably design and analysis experience.
• Practical understanding of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009)
• Detailed mechanical design knowledge of structures, mechanisms, release and drive actuators, and material selection.
• Spacecraft/aerospace materials experience in metals, adhesives, thermoplastics, etc.
• Working knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes such as machining, finishing, and rapid prototyping.
• Demonstrable problem solving skills with hands-on project experience.
• Excellent technical communication skills and strong analytical skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to organize and prioritize job assignments and tasks.
• Ability to work independently as well as in an integrated team and adapt to change and dynamic requirements.
• ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.