To prepare 3D models and drawings using Catia V5 R21 to R2016. Performs checking functions and can coordinate designs with both project and manufacturing engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following and all other duties as may be assigned. Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed:
1. Knowledgeable in Catia V5 as it relates to company design needs.
2. Skilled in all facets of 3D modeling in Catia V5.
3. Creates complex and simple detail, sub-assembly and top assembly drawings.
4. Writes engineering orders and makes changes to existing drawings.
5. Creates assemblies and drawings for test procedures.
6. Knowledgeable in ACS (aircraft coordinate systems) and can design components using ACS or local coordinates.
7. Performs weight calculations (hand or Catia V5).
8. Performs design checks of models and drawings created by other drafters.
9. Strong understanding of GD&T practices per ASME and ANSI standards.
10. Manufacturing knowledge in the machining of metallic components and sheet metal forming.
11. Creates tooling models and drawings.
12. Aids the shop, customers and vendors in reading and interpreting SSP and customer drawings to facilitate manufacturing.
13. Develop assembly BOMs.
14. Experience with PLM software (Enovia) and configuration management practices
15. Performs tolerance stack-ups and interference checks as needed.