Irvine, CA 92606 | Contract to Hire
Reports to the CFO and also works with project management to develop and implement supply chain plans that deliver the best values in products and services considering form, fit, function, expertise, cost, delivery, and quality needed to meet major program initiatives / the development and launch of new products . Specific expertise required in the buying of printed circuit boards( PCBA ), electronic components, electro mechanical parts, LCD ’ s, wire harnesses, machined parts, used to serve the Commercial and Military Aerospace markets. Will over see the puchasing group in two locations and will be required to trave between sites. The group include 2-4 buyers and planners. Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Demonstrates excellent communication, negation, contracting, business acumen, judgement, and project management skills in interfacing with suppliers to negotiate, review, and manage product cost, quality, and delivery lead times that meet production, quality, and financial objectives.
• Briefs management as to status of supplier issues and corrective action plans.
• Processes the most difficult and unique purchasing transactions in accordance with DAR / FAR and AS 9100, and policies
established by the Client.
• Analyzes departmental / product bill of material purchase requisitions/requirements for completeness and accuracy of
information . Contacts department or initiator to clarify and complete information. Determines method needed to process
requisition such as bid, request for proposal, or blanket contract.
• Utilizes ERP system to identify requirement, place purchase orders, and follow up on delivery.
• Negotiates contracts and bid proposals meeting company delegated signature authority policy.
• Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures and policies to departments, vendors and staff .
• Distributes and manages technical bid invitations or requests for proposal, receives and analyzes quotes, bids, and
proposals, and awards the contract.
• Monitors the maintenance of records regarding pricing and ordering of materials; prepares reports analysis and
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication, contracting, business acumen, judgement and project management skills. • Knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing. • Knowledge of printed circuit boards ( PCBA ), electronic components, electro mechanical parts, LCD ’ s, wire harnesses,
machined parts used to serve the Commercial and Military Aerospace markets.
• Using ERP/MRP systems for determining requirements for recurring production, as well as, new product development. • Microsoft office suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Bachelor's degree in related field and fiveyears of buying experience