Excellent opportunity with our progrssive client in Camarillo, CA. They are continuing to grow and need management talent to support the demand for our custom and standard product line offerings. We have a light weight team based structure offering an amazing opportunity for the right person to contribute at multiple levels within the organization right away. Our Business Unit Manager position drives the success of a business segment and you will be need to have an owner mentality. To succeed the candidate will need to communicate effectively in a mixed skills team consisting of sales, quality, engineering and production staff to drive projects to satisfactory and timely completion for our customers. Creative data driven solutions to manage risk are a must, but you better have soft skills too. If you know you can see the forest, the trees and the leaves, you have the right vision for this important role.
Responsible for leading and coordinating all business activities related to our custom engineered products through an integrated multifunction team. You will have P&L responsibility. Most importantly, you will be an example and held to a high standard of performance and conduct. This position is a corporate wide recognized feeder to Directors of Sales. This position will actively participate in sustaining our unique culture and focus on our three value drivers: profitable new business, value driven pricing and productivity.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a matrixed product line team.
- Prioritize activities for the product line team.
- Drive new and sustaining business through the proposal, onboarding and production processes.
- Know your business: customers, competitors and risk for the long and short term.
- Develop the long-range sales strategy and forecasts for the product line, including our annual business plan.
- Review and recommendation of contracts and T&C’s.
- Know your customers (it is kind of a repeat of the above, but it’s really important so we repeat it). We need to be able to effectively assess the value of products to our customers for correct pricing and we need to understand their unspoken needs to position ourselves to meet their future product demands. Plus you will be required to perform sensitive negotiations leading to win-win outcomes.
- Preparation of monthly, mid-quarter, and quarterly product segment and new business reports for sales and bookings.
- Presenting quarterly and annual reports on product line performance to senior corporate management.
- Learning the technical specifics and usage applications of the product line. Having some technical acumen and mechanical aptitude is an absolute must.
- Training support for sales, representatives and distributors on products, new technology, and capabilities for respective product line.
- Coordinate preparation of marketing literature, brochures, and catalogs with Sales Director.
- Work effectively with the cross-functional team to ensure OTD of quality products for new business programs and legacy programs.
- To communicate effectively with customers including but not limited to new program progress, delivery and quality issues, new business opportunities, etc.