Business Unit Manager (Sales)
Camarillo, CA 93012
- Review and recommendation of contracts and T&C’ s.
- Know your customers (it is kind of a repeat of the above, but it’ s really important so we repeat it). We need to be able to effectively assess the value of products to our customers for correct pricing and we need to understand their unspoken needs to position ourselves to meet their future product demands. Plus you will be required to perform sensitive negotiations leading to win-win outcomes.
- Preparation of monthly, mid-quarter, and quarterly product segment and new business reports for sales and bookings.
- Presenting quarterly and annual reports on product line performance to senior corporate management.
- Learning the technical specifics and usage applications of the product line. Having some technical acumen and mechanical aptitude is an absolute must.
- Training support for sales, representatives and distributors on products, new technology, and capabilities for respective product line.
- Coordinate preparation of marketing literature, brochures, and catalogs with Sales Director.
- 5 - 10 years of leadership experience requirement - preferably in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Must have managerial experience - overseeing crucial roles such as: Engineering, Sales/Marketing, Contracts/Purchasing and Quality/Production. Business Development Role and leadership of entire business unit team.
- Looking for a stable work history and excellent communication skills.
- Forecasting, long-term strategy vision, supplier base experience.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A degree (in a technical discipline is preferred) along with a demonstrated ability to learn and grow throughout your career. In lieu of a technical degree multiple years of experience working with technical products is an adequate substitute.
- A keen desire for understanding the totality of a company’s operations is a must.
- Exposure to P&L responsibilities and assembling or interpreting financial data is necessary.
- A working knowledge of schedule, cost and material handling software (ERP or MRP) systems. Having the ability to manipulate the data with Excel or Access would be helpful.