Camarillo, CA 93012
- Develop business analyses to help identify areas to improve financial performance and support business decision making.
- Oversees the cost accounting activities to ensure the ongoing accuracy of product cost information in an actual cost system.
- Oversees and directs the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Reviews the inventory accuracy and monitors cycle count activity to ensure compliance with stated policy.
- Leads the monthly closing, financial reporting and analysis in a compressed 3 day reporting schedule.
- Analyzes and reports on budget vs actual expense performance
- Oversees all account reconciliations to ensure they completed on a timely basis
- Responsible for the training and development of all members of the Finance Team.
- Evaluates the Finance Team workload and streamlines processes as required.
- Develops forecasts and annual budgets consistent with company objectives.
- Participates in the weekly cost productivity reviews and validates cost savings on a quarterly basis
- Assists with the preparation of financial data for quarterly business unit presentations
- Monitors operational activities for compliance with internal control procedures and SOX requirements. Coordination of all external audit activities including timely provision of audit schedules as required.
- Assists with system process improvements and upgrades.
- Acts as the backup payroll administrator to Human Resources
- Special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus; and
- 7 – 10 years of progressive accounting experience, 3 or more years in a management role; and
- Must have in-depth professional knowledge of accounting concepts, manufacturing systems, cost accounting and financial planning methods; and
- Preferred experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing environment; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem solving, critical thinking and creativity skills are essential.
- Strong work ethic, high standards for work product, honesty and integrity.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with who is a capable and motivating leader.
- Excellent PC skills including Excel and other MS Office applications and working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Excellent oral, written communications and have a high level of moral and ethical codes.