Reliability and System Safety Engineer III/IV
Canoga Park, CA | Contract
** Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role **
** Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. Passport in addition to a U.S. Passport are NOT acceptable **
Typical duties may include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Assist reliability and system safety engineers with ensuring technical excellence of group's products. This includes adequacy of the tools, techniques, and processes.
2. Develop reliability and safety models for various systems and communicate results to company engineers and managers.
3. Complete failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis and hazard analysis.
4. Complete system safety hazard analysis.
5. Evaluate engineering designs and operational plans to identify potential failure modes/hazards and evaluate the adequacy of planned controls and verifications.
6. Provide design input to improve product reliability and safety when necessary - Interacting with a wide variety of individuals and teams to communicate results
7. Design reliability test plans to qualify new product and processes, evaluate testing failures and ensure consistent adherence to high quality standards by application of reliability techniques.
8. Perform Probabilistic Risk Assessments.
9. Build a strong working relationship with the other Aerojet Rocketdyne employees to ensure that the group's capabilities are fully utilized and that the group's results are meeting customer needs.
10. Embrace a continuous improvement mindset.
11. Demonstrate a 100% commitment to quality in actions, decisions, and conversations.
Two Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
* Ability to perform FMEA is required
* Ability to perform system safety hazard analysis is required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
* Strong work ethic and drive to succeed are required
* Ability to lead/perform risk management activities is preferred
* Product reliability testing and modeling capability is preferred
* Proven competency in root cause analysis preferred
* Familiarization with rocket propulsion and electric propulsion is preferred
* Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight is preferred