Lab Software (Python) Engineer
Torrance, CA 90501
This position requires experience with automated test stands, experience in a lab environment, and good technical writing skills, verification and documentation of software deployed on ATP stands as well as experience with commercially available test software products and shell scripting.
The applicant must be willing to take direction and execute assignments as asked. Must be self-motivated and willing to take ownership of assignments and look for ways to execute on time and on budget. Must be willing to report status to project leads.
1. Develop ground based ATP software using Python to test electronic boxes and hydraulic (or electrical) mechanical actuation systems.
2. Develop software using an Agile based process beginning with requirements followed by design, code and integration and ending with the verification of the software to the requirements.
3. Maximize software reuse by including previously developed software maintained by the Lead Technical Test Software engineer.
4. Work with small, cohesive teams of software engineers on larger projects and on a standalone basis otherwise to troubleshoot legacy test stand issues and to maintain, service, document and update software deployed on test stands.
5. Interface with the project lead and end user to ascertain the needs and converge on an optimal solution that is cost and/or schedule efficient.
6. Expert knowledge of Python a must
7. Experience with dSPACE ControlDesk / AutomationDesk high desired
8. National Instruments LabVIEW and Veristand experience is a plus