Electrical Systems Engineer
Mojave, CA 93501
- Flight avionics hardware
- Signal conditioning
- Data acquisition
- Actuator control
- RF communication
- Wire harness elements
- Flight software, including hardware interface
- Ground support electronics hardware
- Integrated vehicle health monitoring
- Develop subsystem requirements
- Decompose subsystems requirements to electrical hardware and software requirements
- Capture electrical hardware requirements from system specifications, design standards, safety analysis, and other sources
- Document derived requirements from the design process and design artifacts.
- Validate the derived requirements
- Trace the hardware requirements to their parent requirements, to their implementation in the electronic hardware, and to their verification results
- Generation of requirement compliance matrix, analysis and status reports
- Generation of the justification and description in support of the airworthiness case for the electrical hardware
- Develop the life-cycle scope of electrical subsystems including design, debugging, test, deployment and performance analysis.
- Document designs with engineering drawings and written descriptions.
- Write fabrication and test procedures.
- Present at and participate in design reviews.
- Avionics engineering experience on aircraft and/or spacecraft projects
- Hands-on electrical / electro-mechanical design experience
- Must have the ability to layout power & electromechanical systems
- Skill applying C++ and embedded software programming to avionics
- Experience with DO-178 and DO-254 is a plus
- Must understand the systems engineering process
- Must be a “U.S. person” as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)