Electrical Design Engineer
East Aurora, NY 14052
This position is responsible for development of complex electrohydraulic, electromechanical, and electropneumatic Test Equipment that will test and verify products of Moog, Inc. The incumbent, a fully trained professional, plans and conducts efforts requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Typically, the Design Engineer devises new approaches for the problems encountered.
The Design Engineer is a key contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex control hardware used on military and commercial aircraft and associated test equipment. The products of Moog generally are unique for each customer. Therefore, most new applications require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs always should be considered where appropriate. The Design Engineer generally will operate as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers, with his/her primary concern being component design. The incumbent must effectively coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
In the early stages of a new program, the project team will consult with the customer, establish the problem statement, conceive of potential hardware solutions to the problem, often through extensive trade studies, and then create a successful technical proposal. This phase is critical in that it establishes the basis for future design, and for contract negotiations. Under the technical direction of the Engineering Manager, Section Head or the team's lead engineer, the Design Engineer will then guide the evolution of the conceptual design, technical project planning, detail design, and development testing. This requires some travel and the participation in presentations to customers.
1. Contribute to the development of new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel.
2. Validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses.
3. Be a key contributor to the preparation of successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and technical volume write ups.
4. Operate as a key element in a team of creative, independent individuals.
5. Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical reputation.
6. Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program.
7. Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of design or development engineering experience
- Masters degree in Electrical or Computer engineering from an accredited institution
- Electrical hardware design experience, including analog circuit design and analysis.
- Experience with the design of complex electronic ATE systems.