Gardena, CA 90249
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager the Quality Engineer will provide internal and external consulting support to individuals and groups, internal and external to the organization, including Manufacturing, Engineering, Customers, and Vendors. Supports on-time delivery of products that meet established product specifications. Analyzes quality problems and develops data-based solutions which correct root cause deficiencies.
- Responsible for customer-plant liaison, implementation and improvement of statistical methods, quality cost analysis, specification and procedure development, and conduct of plant quality audits
- Liaison between manufacturing plants and customers relative to customer specifications, customer quality requirements, and customer problems.
- Review customer complaints, analyze returns, and make recommendations for corrective actions
- Assist in implementation of statistical methods and quality improvement programs
- Assist in conducting annual plant audits and systems surveys
- Update and augment Quality Assurance procedures and systems
- Assist engineering in development and application problems
- Continually strive to improve testing methods, tooling, and equipment through statistical sampling to ensure adequate quality in our manufactured product
- Work with customers and engineering to alleviate problems while avoiding product cost increases
- Team with engineering to develop simple, efficient methods of testing new product lines
- Monitor manufacturing processes through periodic audits and evaluations, to ensure that processes are followed and to prevent non-conformance to avoid jeopardizing product quality
- Provide support as deemed necessary by management to allow the Quality Department to function efficiently
- Remain flexible with daily activities in order to handle emergency issues as they arrive
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards
Two Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Degree + Aerospace Composites Manufacturing + Quality Engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business with 3 - 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies in a fast paced aerospace production environment
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of company personnel, suppliers and customers
- Experience with root cause analysis and problem solving
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited University in Business, Business Analytics, Engineering, Program Management
- Experience working in an Composite Fabrication Manufacturing Environment
- Experience as a Program Manager or Integrated Product Team (IPT) Member
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of management and employees.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; with excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information